Once we requested lots of you, “What are you most excited for at Devcon4?” most individuals replied: the folks! That is the one time a 12 months all of us get collectively in a single place. We don’t need to spend all of our time at Devcon sitting in a darkish room, staring in silence at an individual on a stage – we need to see, meet and speak with one another.
In that spirit, we’re designing the programming and surroundings of Devcon4 to offer the time and house for all of us to make new connections – between folks and concepts. This can be a probability for us to ask one another a very powerful questions and dive deep into the hardest challenges (and thrilling alternatives!) going through Ethereum right now.
So we’re going to experiment with extra participatory programming at Devcon4 this 12 months!
Listed below are 3 ways you possibly can apply to take part in Devcon4:
- Give a presentation: That is self-explanatory. 😉 Give a 5-minute lightning speak or a 20-minute presentation on the subject of your alternative.
- Lead a workshop: Train folks to do one thing. Over the course of two hours, members ought to “get their fingers soiled,” whether or not writing code or studying to inform tales.
- Host a breakout room: Be inventive and provide you with your personal programming for Devcon4! Host dapp design critiques, facilitate a dialog, do dwell safety critiques, [enter your awesome idea here]
Whenever you apply, we ask that you just join your session to one in all six core themes:
- Scalability: How can we scale Ethereum in a safe, decentralized, and trustless method as a way to obtain mass adoption?
- Safety: How can we guarantee the protection of person knowledge and funds?
- Privateness: How can we empower customers to be accountable for their very own knowledge?
- Developer Expertise: How can we make creating for Ethereum easy, extensible, and enjoyable?
- UX & Design: How can we create a extra intuitive, usable and pleasant expertise for our customers?
- Society & Programs: Why can we BUIDL? How will this know-how change our societal techniques, and the folks inside them? (To be clear: that is additionally a little bit of a “catch all” theme for governance, cryptoeconomics, social influence, memes, and so on.)
If you wish to discuss your particular dapp or protocol, please achieve this within the context of one in all these shared matters. How have you ever recognized or solved a standard drawback? How can your work profit the remainder of our group?
With ~3000 members and solely a lot time, we anticipate functions for participation to be extremely aggressive this 12 months. Please purchase your tickets forward of time within the probability that your submission is not accepted so that you just don’t miss out on getting a ticket to Devcon4! We are going to course of a refund for anybody who purchases a ticket after which qualifies for a complimentary move.
Please assist us create a Devcon4 expertise within the spirit of those values:
- Participatory: We’re all creating the Ethereum ecosystem collectively and Devcon4 ought to replicate that. Along with academic talks, Devcon4 ought to present alternatives for members to contribute to the broader dialog and share info with each other.
- Instructional: As the one EF-hosted occasion, Devcon4 is an opportunity for our group to study instantly from the leaders of the Ethereum ecosystem. Individuals ought to study issues they couldn’t study wherever else.
- Enjoyable: The primary motive why folks come to Devcon is to see each other! Let’s create a uniquely “Ethereum” household reunion for our group.
Go to https://devcon4.ethereum.org/call-for-participation to study extra and apply!